Sunday, June 23, 2013

A New Twist on Want2Scrap Mardi Gras Bling!

Hello Everyone! Summer is in full swing and I rarely get into my studio to play. Bummer!  I did force myself to find the time and it made me feel so good to play. Okay, so we all know I love my bling and my borders. I just wanted to show you how versatile they can be...

DSC_0233-001

Bet you did not know all those leaves and the strip at the top are all from just one piece...JUST ONE PIECE of Nina Brackett's Mardi Gras Borders. I cut apart the different pieces to outline the leaves on my clipboard. A touch of ink and black pen really adds a little pizzazz.

DSC_0239-001

My nieces Taylor loves her bling as much a me so I know she will just love this decked out clipboard...a little bling can totally make homework a little more fun!

DSC_0237-001

I used a stamp I picked up on clearance to create the flower border...I went with a monochromatic blue look. I still can't seem to put that Authentique paper down! 

DSC_0236-001

In the center of each flower I used lots of rhinestones and pearls...but a new go to for me are the Mother of Pearl 72 Count Rhinestones...they looks awesome! They are not like any other gem I have seen, very cool! It is also subtle but to create the background, I used the Brick Stencil. I am a sucker for a cool stencil and this definitely qualifies as cool!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

W2S blog signature

Want2Scrap Products:
Cross Promotional Partners:
Other:
  • Ribbon - American Crafts, Stash
  • Paint/Glaze - Plaid, Making Memories
  • Ink - Staz On
  • Other - Stamp, Clip Board
  • Pens - Faber Castell

No comments: