Friday, February 19, 2010

Pebbles, Marks Paper Company and a RAK Winner!

I had fun this month playing with some my favorite Pebbles AC and Marks Paper Company goodies. I also challenged myself to dig into some of my stash. I used some rub-ons, overlays, and brads that I have had for quite a while, felt good to use some "oldies but goodies".

I have been waiting for the right layout to use this photo with and here it is. One day Nick picked up a pair of his cousin's sunglasses and put them on. He made this cool, tough face and of course I clicked away. Emeline Seet's challenge this month was to do a layout in our typical style. I am definitely drawn to lots of color and clean strait lines. This layout is one of my new favorites!

I tried to make the layout as "cool" as my son looked. I used a glass to stamp the paint circles and then cut circles to fit into them...a few embellishment...layout complete!

For this next layout I went the opposite of my typical style and distressed quite a bit. Lisa Warren challenged us to use a brown, green, orange, and yellow color scheme. Perfectly fall colors...aren't they?

A few details...

Stacy Marks the owner and creator of all Marks Paper Company goodness is now also a fabulous digi designer at 2 Peas! Big Congrats Stacy! She has posted some amazing kits so be sure to check them out!

Look at this fun new Text Me kit! I am so not a digi girl...but I am hybrid if I find the right kit...and this is the right kit!

I made this layout with a picture of my brother. I don't get to see him as much as I like but I would do anything for him...

I also added some fab pearls from Want2Scrap...these are perfect to add a little detail to your projects!

Don't you love that font that comes with the kit?

Stacy also has another kit available...Hugs & Kisses. I know this was meant to be a Valentines kit...but I loved the papers for Mother's Day!

Last but not least...the winner of the RAK is...tiffanyfarhner ...congrats Tiffany...email your addy to me at mleinbac@verizon.com. I will get you the RAK you saw plus a few more goodies in the mail this week!

Don't fret if you did not win the RAK...I will be doing another one in just a few week! Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

More great work, Mimi! There's something about that yellow and gray color combo that's just so fabulous! And that page of your son is "SO COOL"! Love how you painted the circles on with a glass... need to remember that one :) Must say that your Fall page has me wishing it was that time again. Gorgeous page!

Patty Tanúz said...

Wowowow I love your cool lo, but John is so handsome!!!!! heheheh Kisses Mimi!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! mimi!!! these are GORGEOUS!!! U seriously INSPIRE me!!!!!! Congrats to your winner too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your clean style:)

When you do hybrid...what paper do you print on?

These are all gorgeous Mimi.

Melonie said...

WOW! Loving all of the pages you posted here today. Nick is such a cutie and I love that page about your brother. Those colors (grey, cream, yellow) are IT for me right now:) Beautiful stuff Mimi. Hope you are having a good winter.

Marlene said...

Loving your style!

Barbara said...

Your layouts are AMAZING!!! I love the autumn one - absolutely gorgeous. You are now bookmarked ;-)

marcibun said...

Your work is so amazingly beautiful. You can take any product and make it gorgeous ;)

dstandard said...

Awesome pages Mimi!

Melanie H said...

Fantastic creations Mimi, I really love the clean feel to the So Cool page.

Unknown said...

i won?? I WON!!! Thank you Mimi!! I really appreciate it! I love the new stuff from Niki. I think it's absolutely fabulous! Thanks again! I can't wait to play! I've been looking around your blog and have found many ideas to scraplift! Thanks for all the new inspiration!

Unknown said...

Hey Mimi!!! i just tried to email you and it wouldn't go through. I have no idea what I did wrong but can you send me your e-mail address again! Thanks!

Velta said...

You have got to be the queen of scrapping...these are wonderful...you put so much work in your art and it shows!!

cinnibonbon said...

Very nice--You know girl. I just love your style. Maybe you should just make my pages and I'll slip in th ephotos!! Haha. I certainly do not have these mad skills you do--love it!

Unknown said...

You did some beautiful things with these 2 digi kits!