Sunday, March 6, 2011

Simple tissue paper technique with Scarlet Lime!

Hi all, I posted this technique at the Scarlet Lime blog and wanted to share it here with you too! Scrapping for me comes on several levels. Some days I just want to sit and scrap...fun, easy layouts with no deadlines to worry about. Sometimes it is a specially requested layout and I have certain parameters I need to meet. Other days I just want to dig in and get my hands dirty...today was one of those days.I want to share a technique that is fun and easy but adds a great look to any layout.

Here is what you need...

SL Blog 1

Some chipboard shapes, these stars are from Want2Scrap, tissue paper, a liquid adhesive, spray ink, and some sort of crushed glass.

First I added some dry adhesive to the star and covered that with small bits of tissue paper.

SL Blog 2

Next a few spritzes of spray ink. Allow it to dry.

SL Blog 3

Next cover your chipboard pieces with a liquid adhesive and sprinkle with the crushed glass. Allow it to dry.

Sl Blog 4

The finished product...

SL Blog 5

Now add it to your layout...the perfect handmade embellishment!

SL Blog 6

A few details...

SL Blog 7

Hope you liked this simple yet fun technique...thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love love this Mimi!! I will have to try this! I loveeeeeeee that lo too!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Amu said...

Fun technique, mimi!
I love Diamond Dust... soe of my favorite stuff to play with!
The look of the tissue with this is so cool though... almost looks like a sugared Christmas cookie cut-out! Yum, lol!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love the Mimi....how awesome and I just have to try this out right away...I have tons of chipboard pieces!!!

Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Rhonda V. said...

Cool technique! I really need to pick up some of that glass!!!

Loved your featured projects on GCD today!!!

~ Amy W ~ said...

makes me want to get my hands dirty now too! Oh, for the days when I had time to scrap... maybe when my book sells...