Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mixed Media and Altered Fun!

I am back with three fun projects for you this month...I felt the need to get my craft on! First off is a new page in my art journal.

Heart Art Journal

I was feeling the love this week with both my birthday and Valentine's Day this week so I thought I would make a memory page of it.

Heart Art Journal 1

Bling hearts and borders really do the trick highlighting the edges of this heart!

Heart Art Journal 2

I also made my first She Art Girl! If you have not taken Christy Tomlinson She Art Class you are really missing out. I had taken it but never actually made a girl. It was my nieces birthday a few weeks again so I made her this to hang in her room. My sister loved it so much she confiscated it for the family room and now wants one of each of her daughters...you will see those one of these days.

She Art Livi

I love that there are so many details in this. Talk about fun to make.

She Art Livi 2

I seriously love all the texture that can be created on a canvas.

She Art Livi 3JPG

Lastly a little bonus project...and a trick to make it simple. I was cleaning out my scrap area and came across so favorite products I had not used in so long so I decided to make this quick photo holder out of a giant cloths pin.

Clothes Pin 3

Here is a little hint. Painting these clothespins can be a bit of a pain, messy and hard to get certain parts. These tints make it super easy. Check this out...

Ink

The top is a sponge and it makes it so easy to stain something. For the little cracks just rub a paintbrush over the top of the ink dispenser and paint in the small area. This took me about 5 minutes,  easy peasy!

Clothes Pin

I have a ton of these little labels and the Want2Scrap Circles fit perfectly over them. What a great way to add a bold color.

Clothes Pin 2

Hope you have a little creating time today!

design-team-sigs-mimi

Want2Scrap Products:

Other Products:
Tissue, Clothes Pin, Canvas- Michaels
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey, My Minds Eye, Scraps
Trim- Websters Pages
Paint, Modeling Paste- Liquitex
Decopage- Plaid
Ink- Ranger, StazOn, Fiberscraps
Journaling Spots- Jelly Bean Soup
Rub-ons- Basic Grey, 7Gypsies, Black River Designs
Template, Dress Tissue, Stamps- Christy Tomlinson for Pink Paislee
Pen- Scarlet Lime
Stamps- Glitz Designs, ClearSnap

1 comment:

Mel said...

Fantastic projects Mimi! I keep thinking I might dive into a She Art class someday. Love how your girl turned out:)