Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mimi Leinbach: Scarlet Lime Inspirational Projects

This kits this month at Scarlet Lime are gorgeous but I also added some fun stuff from the mixed media store which are so dang fun you have to add these to you stash.

With the frugal kit this month I create this layout of my boys on a trip to Universal Studios. We had such a fun day. I added some fun stamps and Claudine Hellmuth Paints which are my new favorite products.

Mimi_Frugal_Universal

Check out how the paints draw out the design on the book plate.

Mimi_Frugal_Universal Detail 1

This layout was based on this photo which totally inspired me.

6a00d83451e0c669e2015392201db2970b-450wi

Next I decided that I wanted to create a few new pages in my art journal based on this photo and Christy's amazing mixed media classes.

Amazing_islands_funzug-org_01

My love of the beach, all things tropical and these fantastic colors helped me create these pages...

Mimi_Main_Beach Life Art Journal

and some details...

Mimi_Main_Beach Life Art Journal Detail 1

Mimi_Main_Beach Life Art Journal Detail 2

Mimi_Main_Beach Life Art Journal Detail 3

Mimi_Main_Beach Life Art Journal Detail 4

I also tried a new product to me this month. These Faber-Castell Gelatos make such fantastic colors as you can see in this photo, draw a little on add a touch of water on a paintbrush and gorgeous water color designs appear...just like magic!


No comments: