Thursday, July 22, 2010

Making flowers with what you have!

I love making my own flowers. I have been doing it for years and I am now seeing all these fun dies to help make them. I decided to challenge myself to make a new flower...without buying new dies or product...using what I had in my stash!



I pulled out this gorgeous petite floral paper from the Artsy Urban collection to make the flower with. I also pulled out an oval punch, Diamond Dust, and Stickles.



I cut out 3 circles and punched 8 ovals. I added a little adhesive to each oval and glued them down around one of the circles. I bent the edges around a paintbrush. I layered the circles on top of this and added a brad for dimension. On each petal of the flower I added a little Stickles and dusted them with the crushed glass.

Here is the finished flower!



I added it to my layout and loved that I made it using the "goodies" I had!



Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great one!

5 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

what a great tut and just LOVE the glitter on the flower. soo pretty

Kelly Massman said...

Great tutorial! I love making flowers--will have to add this one to the list! Great LO!

Jennifer Yates said...

so awesome and resourceful!!! Beautiful layout too! :)

Marlene said...

Gorgeous flower!!! Looks fantastic on that layout.

Lisa Watson said...

Gorgeous flower!!!!