Monday, October 26, 2009

Presenting...

My niece, Samantha...the #9 rider/jumper in Pennsylvania!

Yep, she did it! My niece made it to the PA State Jumping Championships and placed 9th in the State this past week. She had a HUGE cheering section and we enjoyed watching her and her pony Alcapony ride their way to this great honor!

WTG Sammy and Alcapony...We are all so proud of you two!

Now...in my scrappy world! I have lots to share!

I altered a kraft embossed box using Pebbles Inc. creme chalks and pattern paper this month as a way to present a gift. I really love how this turned out and plan on doing more. What a great way to make a gift card a more personal gift...giving it in a keepsake box.

Over at Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker I played with 2 of the collections this month. I make these cute little package covers for some king size Reese's Peanut butter cups. I think the boys teachers will love to get these sweet Halloween treats. I also used some of Jenn's new Halloween jotters from Creative Chaos...how cute are they? Very!!!!

I made this layout using the Victoria Street line. It was perfect for these pictures of my old girl Lucy. I have not been able to get my hands on any of the Jillibean Corrugated Alpha's so I decided to make my own. I used my die cut machine to cut the letters out of kraft paper then ran them through my crimper...out they came. The same effect for the cost of a piece of paper and you never run out of letters.

As part of a product swap between Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker and Helmar Adhesives I received a box of goodies. Now I have a new go to glue...450 Quick Dry Adhesive. It dries clear superquick and really holds! Thank you Helmar!


Apparently I have been in the altering mood because I made this desk date and memo pad using some yummy Marks Paper Company. I am working on my goal of making several handmade gifts this year. I have definitely gotten off on the right foot and have had lots of fun making them. Did you see this the Nov/Dec issue of Scrapbooks Etc.? Marks Paper Company was picked as one of the scrapbooker tested and approved products this month. Yippie! I have loved MPC since the very beginning...I am so glad that everyone else is starting to love it too!

I designed this hybrid layout using traditional pattern paper from MPC as well as their fall digital kit. I just love these tags from the kit!

Being the soccer mom that I am to 2 soccer loving boys I was thrilled to see this months kit from I AM A Scrapaholic. Filled with lots of goodies I made this layout using one of my favorite action shots of Nick.

I have had these pictures of my nieces since summer and came across this cute paper by Imaginisce and thought it would be perfect for them. How sweet are they?

I am proud to be the featured designer at Bisous Boo this month! This company has such fun, cool designs and I was thrilled work with them. Suzanne was a jem to work with and they were very generous with all their wonderful products! Here are a few of my designs...

Another altered tin as a gift card holder...

Love this picture of Nick...

Next post I will share a few more.

Last but now least next month I am a Gueat Artista for Bella Blvd. I just can't wait to be able to share their products with you...they are fun, fabulous and oh so much fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

12 comments:

sarah said...

GORGEOUS stuff!!! love it all.

hugs,
sarah.
redoaklines.com

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mimi....my goodness...your creation are stunning!!!! I love all the altered pieces in here too! Congrats to your niece on her wonderful achievement!!!!! Can't wait to see more goodies!!! Wishing you a great week!!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! first.....total congrats to your niece...that is soooooooooooo awesome!!!! WTG girl!!! And for the loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of all things made by Mimi.....all of these projects are AMAZING!!!! wow wow wow!!!! u always inspire me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layouts (as usual:)

I love the paper with the houses on and the corrugated alpha.

Melonie said...

Beautiful projects as always! I totally love that altered gift box. So pretty. CONGRATS to your niece that is awesome news.

SALTZWORKS said...

You are smokin' hot! What FABULOUS stuff - pages, altereds and all! Gotta love the altering :) Hey, and BIG congrats to your niece - my family also rides - but in Virginia, Utah and Texas- so I KNOW what it takes.

Fink said...

I am sure glad I am NOT on a design team with you! I would look like I am a preschooler with my work shown! Gorgeous stuff as always!

Congrats to your neice! That is awesome for her to finish in top 10

Jesi said...

Congrats to your niece!
love all your LO's! I never saw the Victoria Street line before but it's awesome!

ellen s. said...

loooove them! wowzas...not sure where to start...you are so busy, girl! gorgeous.

hey...are you teaching at Rollie's in Jan? we are going again...if you go let's sit together! i am teaching a core class...

and congrats to your neice! that is HUGE!

marcibun said...

Good Grief Woman! When do you find the time to do everything that you do? I love the projects...and you're going to love the Helmar stuff! I can't wait to get the Nikki S ;)

Andrea Amu said...

You always have sooo many awesome projects in the works... don't know how you do it all! Love all these... esp. the date desk memo project and those Reese's wrappers! TFS all your creativity, Mimi!

KristenJo said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love all your creations!!! Congrats to your niece!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Have a great week!! :)